“What the New Year brings to you will depend a great deal on what you bring to the New Year.” – Vern McLellan
2016 was a full court press.
The past year seemed faster, louder, and required more hustle.
2017 is here.
Nothing like a fresh start.
Each year I choose 3 words to guide my decision making in the year ahead.
I started doing this in 2014.
It’s a cool way to set the course for the new year.
These 3 words are not resolutions.
They are filters I run decisions through.
Think of them as a compass.
They set the direction.
They get me back on track when I get into a rut.
My 3 Words for 2017
I need to get better in important areas of my life.
- Listening: I need to become a better listener. To often, I listen to respond, not to understand.
- Business Acumen: I need to raise my skillset to bring more value to my customers & teammates.
- Jiu Jitsu: I need to raise my game on the mats. Time to learn some new techniques & get better at some old ones.
I’m at my best when I’m around energetic, positive people.
Energy is contagious.
I will bring positive energy:
- To my family & friends.
- To every project I take on.
- To each room I enter.
Our best life is found in the present moment.
- I will focus my energy on who & what is in front of me.
- I will be mentally present in all I do.
- I will not let the past or future steal joy from the present.
Simple, not easy.
What are your 3 words?
What do you want to accomplish in 2017?
What will you do differently?
Answer these questions, and you will be on the road to REMARKABLE.
Wish you much success in 2017!