“In wine, there is truth.” ― Pliny the Elder
High quality wine comes from grapes that experience tough conditions.
The same is true in life.
I was a blue belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for over 6 years.
It was HUMBLING.
I got my ass KICKED more times than I would like to admit.
That experience was a GIFT. I am a better person because of it.
The LESSONS I learned brought my life to another level.
Here are the 10.5 lessons that EXPERIENCE taught me:
- 1) Make steady PROGRESS each day.
- 2) Take calculated RISKS.
- 3) ADVERSITY is a gift. Your job is to uncover the learning.
- 4) Expect & embrace CHANGE.
- 5) Be HUMBLE. A BIG EGO will get your hurt.
- 6) Keep your BODY & MIND FLEXIBLE.
- 7) Everyone does something BETTER than you.
- 8) Learn to get COMFORTABLE in UNCOMFORTABLE situations.
- 9) The QUALITY of your THOUGHTS affects the quality of your LIFE.
- 10) Don’t fear the valley. Walk through the valley.
- 10.5) Your biggest COMPETITION is against yourself.
– Joe Ciccarone