“Aggression unchallenged is aggression unleashed.” – Phaedrus
Aggression is a double edged sword.
Aggression can be a positive force. Aggression can be your downfall.
The secret is WHERE and HOW you channel your aggression.
REMARKABLE people direct their aggression to high value people and opportunities.
AVERAGE people unleash their aggression on low value actions.
The key is your FOCUS and TIMING.
AVERAGE people get aggressive:
- buying things on credit.
- setting the recordings on their DVR.
- when they drive.
- in the buffet line.
- when someone insults them.
- hoarding their possessions.
- having the last say in an argument.
- comparing themselves to others.
- criticizing other people.
- speaking when they should be listening.
- embracing the status quo.
- avoiding any type of risk.
- shopping to fill a void in their life.
- running away from responsibility.
- putting their needs before others.
REMARKABLE people are aggressive:
- cultivating relationships.
- putting healthy foods in their body.
- planning their finances.
- keeping their cool when things don’t go as planned.
- preparing a presentation for their best customer.
- finding time to exercise during a busy week.
- waking up early to prepare for their day.
- inconveniencing themselves to help others.
- carving out time to spend with their kids.
- pursuing new business opportunities.
- spending time with other successful people.
- thanking others for their sacrifices.
- learning new information.
- refining their game.
- taking calculated risks.
- decluttering their life.
- staying away from negative people.
- embracing each new day as an opportunity to begin again.
The focus of your aggression will determine the direction of your life.
Which path will you take?
Remarkable or Average?
– Joe Ciccarone
“Beware of Aggression”