“The more things you own, the more they own you.” – Anonymous
Clutter slows you down. Clutter clouds your judgement.
Clutter drives me crazy.
DECLUTTER will be one of my “3 words” for 2015.
The idea of decluttering resonates so much that I decided to start immediately.
I will declutter my life with a vengeance.
My declutter “hit list”:
- My Home
- My Schedule
- My Mind
Nothing is untouchable. Nothing is too sentimental.
If I have not used something in 1 year, it’s gone.
No questions. No hesitation.
Books that changed the way I think have already been given away. Their teachings embedded in my mind (& journal). Thier physical matter no longer cluttering my little world.
Clutter creeps up on you. It slowly builds, then quickly takes over.
- Starts with those books you never read but take up space on your shelf.
- Is that espresso machine you never use but sits in your kitchen.
- Are those clothes you never wear but take up space in your closet.
- Is that monthly meeting you attend, but no longer aligns with your mission.
- Are those magazines that show up in your mailbox and pile up on your table.
- Is that news program that crowds your mind with bombings, fires, & criminals.
- Is that phone call you answer while having dinner with your family.
- To give them away.
- To throw them out.
- To recycle them.
- To donate it.
- To stop going.
- To cancel the subscription.
- To turn it off.
- To let it go to voicemail.
- To take back your TIME, SPACE, & ENERGY.
Your mind will relax. Your thinking will be more clear.
Your life will be more focused.
When you kill clutter, you throw away AVERAGE and create space for REMARKABLE.
– Joe Ciccarone