“Comparing yourself to others leads to arrogance or shame, but never happiness.” – Jon Acuff
Life smacks you in the face.
Obstacles are everywhere.
None take your joy as fast as COMPARING yourself to others.
COMPARING steals your happiness.
COMPARING is a self inflicted wound that never heals.
COMPARING is a double edged sword.
- If you perceive your situation as better, you experience a false sense of arrogance.
- If you perceive your situation as worse, you feel inferior.
When you compare, you give people superiority over you.
You allow others to set the tone for your life.
Why give someone so much power?
Mark Twain wrote, “Comparison is the death of joy.”
COMPARING is judging a book by its cover.
It’s easy to admire someone’s:
- Waist line.
- Selling ability.
- Triangle Choke.
- Culinary Skills
It’s difficult to see what price that person paid to get there.
What did they give up to get what they have?
Before you COMPARE, consider:
- What did they sacrifice?
- How many times did they fail?
- How much debt are they in?
- What is their marriage like?
- What time do they get up each morning?
- How healthy are they?
- What is their relationship with their kids?
- Do they have any close friends?
- How strong is their faith?
- How happy are they?
Our best path is to focus on achieving our own personal best.
Run our own race.
Set our own pace.
Move to our own rhythm.
Instead of COMPARING, be INSPIRED.
Find someone you admire?
Use that person as an inspiration that propels your life forward.
- LEARN from their successes.
- Avoid their MISTAKES.
- CREATE your OWN version of awesome.
Inspiration pushes you forward.
Comparing knocks you down.
Comparing yourself to others is AVERAGE.
Being inspired to live your best life is REMARKABLE.
– Joe Ciccarone